Thursday, October 19, 2006

Happy Diwali

I buy plenty of dresses
But the excitement is missing
I make a lot of sweets
But my mother’s touch is missing
I see crackers on the television
But my father’s mischievous smile is missing
I don’t fight for my share any more
But my brother & sisters are missing
I want to hug Mothi when he shivers for every cracker sound
But his loving presence is missing
Where are those innocent days gone
I am searching and searching
Never to return to them

Still my only wish is………..
Let there be only light everywhere

Tamaso Maa Jyotirgamaya

Happy Diwali!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Padmaja

It was really nice.I have similar feelings too.Diwali and my Birthday were something I was eagerly looking forward when I was young.It has lost its charm now.Those kind of happiness can now be seen in the eyes of my children.That is the only solace now.