Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Wait

Usurped by the intangible emotions
My closed eyes that embraced darkness
Let those clichés from the niche of heart

The knees that tucked my face in between
Became wet with tear droplets of longing
That bore the reverential wait with patience

Time stood still in the puddle of life
As there seemed no escape from the drama
That was reveling immensely in delight

I invented then my desire to longing
And ‘the wait’ are my chosen pleasures
To twist moments of life interesting

4 comments:

Raj Arumugam said...

a lovely and moving poem, Padmaja...
there is more intensity in the expressions and the poetic quality of your writing...

Padmaja said...

Hey Raj, Where are you? How are you? And you know what, so loyally you encourage me every childish attempt of mine. :) Thanks a lot.

In fact, I really felt the 'longing' and 'the wait' in my heart and hence these lines. Thanks for your kind visit in spite of your busy schedule.

Latha said...

Wait could bring tears and revival could bring pleasure but enjoying the 'Wait' period can be done only by few :)

Lovely poem!

Padmaja said...

The nature of the mind is to keep us occupied always. This is also one such which my mind must have enjoyed while doing it. :)

Thank you.