Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I am disconnected

I stand apart from…
Trodden thoughts
Honeyed feelings
Disturbing emotions
Choking pleasures
Spoiling gestures

I watch as a witness…
Faces of all ages
Soothing and killing words
Relations broken and alive
Praises and curses
Truth and untruth

I wish to…
Run wild in the open
Sing along coarsely
Dance to the beat
Travel the world alone
Stand mutely in a corner
Hug a flower softly

I feel so strong
Loving and forgiving
Smiling and laughing
All embracing
Like the expanse of the sky
For once
I am disconnected
From emotions & intelligence

5 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

A wonderful way of expressing your thoughts that is running through your mind currently.

I too wish to stay disconnected and merge with nature unmindful of the surroundings. For once, I too wish to roam around in the world unquestioningly.

A nice poem with lots of philosophies too!

Raj Arumugam said...

Hi Padmaja
A good poem with, as Latha suggests, so much in it.

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Padmaja,

Now I understand your LiL post 'I am disconnected' :) Lovely poem.. Is your present state of mind brought about by writing the Gita? :) Nice to know you have made a lot of progress there :)

Love,
Me

Padmaja said...

Thanks Latha & Raj.

Padmaja said...

Dear Me,

Yes. Gita helps me to stay disconnected from emotions sometimes.

I want to be a good human being till my death if not divine. :)

Thanks for your visit.

Love,

Padmaja