Sunday, November 30, 2008

Canvas, Colours & Child

I had stayed away from serious writing wantedly for quite sometime, thus killing my overflowing urge to shape up the thoughts and words that haunt my emotional stream. However, the recent Mumbai attack is churning my emotions in a broader perspective and I had no option but to succumb to the inner demand.

Jim Warren's painting came in handy at this moment. Believe me when I say that I've taken more than 3 hours to write these simple words as my mind battled endlessly for coherent thinking and right choice of words. It seems I am out of touch of writing capabilities now. No idea if I continue to blog regularly. However, here is my attempt. Read on...



I like to test the impact of colours
Onto the torn canvases of the world
With streaks of sky high wishes

I drip those colours of mild hues
And frame fine beings of my liking
To lock my clean hands with them

I want to see my scrambled sprinklers
Breathe with tender love and care
And walk tall in their sheen and glean

A dream rare to realize I’m told
For I only need to colour my white life
And not to pierce other canvases
Or meddle them with my choice of colours


P.S. I sincerely thank the creator of this painting for breaking my numbness to thinking and writing process.

8 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

I agree that it has been a while since you wrote but the break is no where seen in your writing. It is as beautiful as it always was.

The painting is indeed a wonderful one and I liked the play of your words in it. The recent attacks has undoubtedly left a scar in your mind and it is reflected in your beautiful work. Keep it up!

S. Ravi Venkatramana said...

Superb and well written. If I had seen the painting without your poem, I would've never thought so in this way. Now, I don't see a better way.

Keep it up!

- Ravi

Padmaja said...

@Latha : Thanks for your encouraging words. The ugliness of the situation that we had faced forced me to write. Enough is shown and written by the media. Just that I could not contain my desperation and helplessness.

@Ravi : Your visit to this blog has really made me happy and thanks for your nice words, brother.

Raj Arumugam said...

Hi Padmaja
The line:
With streaks of sky high wishes
is original, memorable and beautiful.


The recent Mumbai bombings have saddened Singapore too as they have lost the life of a young Singaporean female lawyer who was held captive and then shot dead in Mumbai.

There may be so much ugliness around us but we know the world will be a better place as we each contribute to peace and universal love in our own ways. This blog is certainly one such step.

Padmaja said...

Thanks a lot, Raj.

Indeed the recent attack in Mumbai has brought in a lot of seriousness and change over my view on life and the outlook towards others that I need to nurture consciously. Extremely sorry to hear about the human loss of Singapore.

dsampath said...

your writimg has taken a diffrent hue..
i experience a diffrent aspect of you in this poem..
the last par is such a meanigful one.. lovely ... god bless.

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!
Other Net