Monday, December 22, 2008

Change

The much needed change is happening. For good. Not that there was no change at all all these days or years. But I realise it more closely now. Just like the awareness of my breath that gives smooth touches to my nostrils.

The realisation brings tears to my eyes, hides my body in a corner of the house, gives a jerk to my mind every now and then and then there is absolute emptiness in the heart. I cherish every moment of the present. I wish to extend this present as much as possible before another avalanche of negative change sweeps me off.

The forces, both external and internal, do always exist. While I have no control over the external which constantly nags me, this change has usurped the internal. The battle has started. It is going to turn out to be more fierce.

And the world need not know how good or bad a fighter I am.

7 comments:

Elanchezhiyan said...

Nice article,

Change......
When we born on that time itself our battle started. Both internal and external. These are all the dramas between our birth and death. "Life is a drama"- shakespeare.

Regards,
Elanchezhiyan

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

A change is so vital in the monotonous world that we live in. And if you feel that it is favouring your internal world, then it is worth retaining. Never let another change heave this peace that you are enjoying now. All the very best!!

Raj Arumugam said...

A very intense piece of writing, Padmaja.
May I offer this poem that I wrote recently:

the gentleness that pervades

though the harshness surrounds
and it seems even love is scorned
and though anarchy pervades
of individuals in self-pleasure pursuits



there is still the sun that shines
and whispering rain in the evenings
and blossoms and birds at the window
that greet one in the gentle mornings

Padmaja said...

@Latha - I pray that such a negative change not happen. However, life is a mystery and never know when the hidden agenda of trials will come out.

@Raj - your poem is very soothing to my heart, especially these lines....

there is still the sun that shines
and whispering rain in the evenings
and blossoms and birds at the window
that greet one in the gentle mornings

yes, these things don't change but it is we who have to shirk off our mood swings and enjoy these moments. One of many phrases that is deep rooted in my heart after watching the movie 'Peaceful Warrior' is "There are no ordinary moments".

Padmaja said...

@Elanchezhiyan - Yes, life is a drama undoubtedly but we need to remember that it is only a drama at all times, is it not?

Anonymous said...

After reading the information, I may have different views, but I do think this is good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
PE Net