Friday, December 26, 2008

Winter

Atul came back from Bala Vihar today and gave his usual answer 'Nothing' when I asked him "What did you do in the class today?". He is so since his KG days. Many a time, I had to show surprise or shock of the updates happening in the school whereas my darling son always had only one answer 'Nothing'.:)

Even before his arrival, I got the updates from his teacher today. Later on, something flickered in his mind I believe and said, "I wrote a poem on winter and it is graded excellent. It is not my best though."

Well, here it is.....

Winter is a wonderful season of fun
There’ll be a breeze of cold air when we run

We get more of the moon than the sun
What a wonderful breeze comes from the wind while having a bun

We get holidays and have fun while adults rest even a nun
Yes, winter is a season filled with fun

In a few days, children catch severe cold
Even though we want to go out and be bold

We have to do what our parents have told
For children, holidays weigh a kg of gold

Because of this cold, our winter holidays are sold
And when summer starts again, the story of winter folds



Waaaah... what innocence! It really brought an instant smile and glow on my face. My memory shifted to the day when I carried my baby home 12 winters ago. :)

I shall post the poems written by other kids also and update this blog soon.

5 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja,

What a wonderful poem has Atul written!! Oh! Let me not forget that he is your son. Please do pass on my congrats to Atul on this fantastic attempt.

Very glad to know that you enjoyed this winter. Wishing you happiness throughout all seasons. I am glad to hear that your works were appreciated from a person whom you respect. I am very happy for you Padmaja. Keep writing and keep winning.

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Personalized Signature:贵州信息港休闲游戏中心,我爱掼蛋网,重庆游戏中心,金游世界视频棋牌游戏中心,南通棋牌游戏中心,贵港热线休闲游戏中心,淮安棋牌游戏中心

Elanchezhiyan said...

Good poem. Convey my wishes to Atul. Soon I will call and wish him also. Even I remember 2 winter season ago in marina beach walk with him. He told me that my mother is a poet and that essence with me. We had a good discussions about astronomy, mathematics. Now he exploded as a poet. I am waiting for a day to hear good news for the remaining.

Padmaja said...

Thank you for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Sports Net