Sunday, January 03, 2010

Welcome 2010

I am extremely glad to record once again that the year 2009 had been a great blessing for me personally, what with a perfect finish by a visit to Egypt between 24/12/2009 and 01/01/2010, as a part of 20-member group.

Egypt, the land of pharaohs, pyramids & sphinx as the world know it to be, has a mystic aura just like India. The best part of the tour is the cruising of 4 days on River Nile. Though I enjoyed every place of tourist attraction that we had opted for, I became speechless upon seeing the Luxor and Karnak temples, especially those tall columns and statues of Ramses II in Luxor temple under the night light.

The travel guide, Mr. Nabil was the best that we had got to fall in love with the land. His degree in Egyptology, good communication skills, wide knowledge and passion for his profession are again a blessing for one-time tourists like us. Wish there are travel guides like him in India too.

The voice of the desert is mesmerizing and the song of the Nile is sweet. The one-week vacation has filled my heart with more peace and love. I was jokingly recommending my friends that we must go to Greece as well, which again has a rich history and culture. :)

Realising that I have NO time for fakes, the ‘unwanted’ is being weeded out very slowly from my life (on its own) as I voluntarily move towards Light. May God bless all hearts with peace and love!

My salutations to 2009 and humble welcome to 2010 !

1 comment:

Latha said...

How happy I am Padmaja, to learn that you have enjoyed your short tour to Egypt. Yes, as you say Greece would be a good place to visit too.

Happy New Year!