Sunday, December 20, 2009

I see you

There is one movie that I do not mind watching again in theatres is ‘Avatar’, of course with 3D effect.

The tall, blue Na’vi people appear so beautiful and holy to my eyes though they are computer animated gimmicks. The way Neytiri teaches Jake Sully the nuances of archery, the secret of riding on a direhorse, how to own a banshee is outstanding. It is astonishing to see how faithfully Na’vis worship Eywa and how much they respect each life living on their Pandora land.

The body language, character depictions, spiritual truths, grand film making – all contribute for the success of the movie though the storyline is quite old. In the middle of the film, I was wondering how the director is going to resolve the conflict in the character of Jake Sully but the much anticipated ‘end’ made me smile. In fact, the director convinces the audience to take the side of Na’vi clan instead of humans.

As far as I remember, here is one rare film where the lovers do not say ‘I love you’ to each other; instead they say ‘I see you.’

Run….. run to the theatres and watch the power of human & Na’vi minds. James Cameron has weaved an unbelievable magic to the mind and spirit.

* * * * * * *

When we, the English language learning students, were informed to read the story ‘Lamb to the slaughter’ as a part of study, I thought, ‘What could be so amazing with this short story which is termed as classic?’ I realized after reading that the story is indeed amazing.

I have to stress once again that the human minds have unbelievable layers of subtleness and power.

* * * * * * *

My neighbour has left her dying tulasi plant under my care for a month as she is gone on vacation. The plant was already de-rooted from its soil at the time of handing over and tulasi plants are said to be sensitive. The moment I brought the pot to my balcony, I pleaded with the plant (mentally) with love not to die as I would be responsible for its well being till I give it back to its owner. Thankfully, the plant is growing well now.

I am extremely glad to have been given one another opportunity to realise that there is something called ‘grace’ which is beyond mind power.

* * * * * * *

I see clearly that the plant's rebirth is equally grand and miraculous just as James Cameron's successful celluloid Avatar.

1 comment:

Latha said...

Very nice to read your momentary thoughts in your blog.

I heard about the movie 'Avatar'. Will try and watch it.

I am glad to hear about the plant that has grown from a bad condition. This reminds me of an incident. One of my friends' housemaid (whom I have not even seen so far) waters the plants and talks to the plants everyday as though they were her kids it seems. My friend told this to me. I was stunned to hear that. There are people who execute their duties with dedication and love. That inspired me.

Great going, Padmaja! Keep it up!