Sunday, April 25, 2010

Have I grown up?

It’s been a while since I have updated the blog.

Let me see where all my mind travels in these few minutes...

* * * * *

Atul has moved on to 9th standard this April 6. It is amusing to see him work hard for hours together on some days, all thanks to Kapil Sibal who has brought in radical changes in CBSE exam patterns. It is also amusing to realize that I have become a mother of a big boy all too sudden and this is definitely not comforting, for I am a person who is always young at heart. :D

Jokes apart, I got to catch up with him on so many issues, mood swings and matters of his interest every day. Today he came back from school like a storm after a long hard day, explained to me about the heavy workload that awaited him and then started narrating the story of Percy Jackson in all his innocence. He is cornering me to watch the movie first with him and then to read the book later. I am updated with the outline of the story already. He has assured me that the story revolves around Greek mythology and I can learn a lot from the book.

Well, well, gone are the days when I used to keep telling him to read this and that. Now it is his turn.

* * * * *

When I am alone, I am alone. No music, no unnecessary phone calls or chats. I do my (home)work quietly.

Apart from that, I read a lot – books, physical and online. I don’t know how my life would be without reading materials. I cannot imagine one. I wouldn’t die but would surely die out of boredom. :)

Earlier I used to write serious stuff but now only casual blogs like this.

* * * * *

Today I landed up reading a few of my old poems and articles while I was searching for something else. Honestly I was astonished by my erstwhile works – simple yet profound. How did I manage to think so?

Just then, a provoking thought peeked in to restart my venture again. Well, I am neither interested nor enough time at present.

* * * * *

During my evening walk today, I happened to watch a few sparrows tweeting and flying restlessly. I was bowled over by their sweetness. I also wondered about the taste of God in creating such a beautiful and tender creature. Will these beings ever know that I adore them so much from a distance?

How much time, energy, efforts and space would be required for man to re-create such a loveable being that could fly, walk, tweet, eat, see, hear etc with soft features & feathers?

I am happy to realise that I have not grown up as my feelings towards sparrows are just the same as in my childhood.

Once again, I marvel at God’s creation. I am moved and touched....

1 comment:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

Nice to see you to blog after a long time. Undoubtedly, you are young though you have a big boy now :)

Atul as I have known is a voracious reader and I am not at all surprised when he pulls you into something that is of deep interest to him. He has gone by you in this aspect. You both are lovers of books and I know that.

Keep blogging. It is always a pleasure to read your blogs that always conveys a child like feeling. This being the fact, you are ever youthful.