Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some random thoughts

1) Why do people take pride in everything they know and/or have? What's so great about it? And why only their children are always great? I am unable to understand. Purity is the only state to be proud of. And a person of purity would not know what pride is. When will we be aware of this truth?

2) Mixer, grinder, air conditioner, refrigerator, mobile, laptop...... my world is revolving around Alternating Current. If this AC is pulled out of my life, how would it be?

3) Most of the people don't know who Nikola Tesla is. He is the man behind Alternating Current - the energy supplier of our daily lives. Why don't we develop inquisitiveness to know at least about those things that are integral part of our lives and express our gratitude to such extraordinary souls who walked on our earth?

4) Being a visionary he was, Free Energy devices are already invented by Nikola Tesla long back. I wonder if the world would take serious note on this in the near future.

5) Swami V was a spiritual giant with a scientific bend whereas Nikola Tesla was a scientific giant with a spiritual bend. They both had met and discussed about Sankhya Philosophy. Thank God, at least I know this much. :)

6) Are people not bored of talking only about their achievements and their children's? When will we open up?

There are many buzzing in my head. More later.

3 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja


It is so normal for people to talk high of them at any given point. And when it comes to their children, their excitement of being a proud parent of their child (even if he is just a normal kid) culminates only when they depart from the earth. They hardly realise that they are priding about in my opinion.

But all the points that you have mentioned are very valid. I did not know anything about Nikola Telsa until I read your blog. It is true to invest our time and energy in obtaining information rather than managing our existing intelligence. Thanks for a thought provoking blog.

Padmaja said...

Having known me so closely for so many years, you should've known that I adore NK as much as I love Swami V. :P Well, this info about NK is definitely not written out of pride or arrogance. It was a different point and one of the random thoughts. In fact, I wanted to write about the NK's statue in Niagara Falls and the close affinity that I felt over there which made me emotional. Probably some other time I may write on this.

Well, it may appear as a coincidence that the very next day of writing this blog, I experienced how life would be as there was a power cut from 9 to 5. :)

Latha said...

I am sorry for not knowing about your adoration for Nikola Telsa. As far as the power cut is concerned, more than half of the population in India would be aware of the value of electricity especially during summer months :)