Tuesday, May 03, 2011

It's not a painful memory though

I get migraine attacks whenever I go in hot Sun which is unavoidable these days. Yesterday was one of the worst to hit me. The whole day I was struggling in pain. It’s not new to me though.

In pain, I understood others’ pain more. I wanted to take pains of all those suffering in pain without they knowing about it. I was ready to go through till my body permits.

Then I remembered my Mother, who remembered my birthday even when she was experiencing excruciating pain and slipping into short bouts of coma.

I do miss her. I do miss our arguments, the only person on the whole earth I had with. I do miss her display of extreme innocence at one moment and extraordinary wisdom at another. I do miss her scolding that I have to be smart as people take my honesty and innocence for granted. I do miss her care and concern. I do miss serving her attending to all her needs….

I missed my Father more yesterday who taught me how pains should be handled. His silent resilience probably I can never master.

I send lots of love to both the benevolent souls. May all their pains if any be healed! May they remain happy & peaceful wherever they are! May they revel in bliss!

2 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja


It is true that only in pain we realise others' pain. The saddest part is, we forget all those pain soon after we recover. To take others' pain secretly without their knowledge is an effort that not anybody would be willing to do. You are really a compassionate person.

Padmaja said...

Forgetting is our inherent nature. We are naturally tuned to be so. :)