Friday, January 27, 2012

Join if you can

As a principle, I have stopped wearing silk saris long back. Also, mild touch-ups on the face. Also, gold ensembles. Also, worrying about performance appraisal results. Literally I am a nobody in the society living Emily Dickinson's words with no power statement up my sleeve. So, no thing should generate interest in a commoner to strike a friendship with me.

But I have a weakness and that is books. Yet I can clearly say that the intellectual phase is long over for me. Thank God! Otherwise I too would be clambering as one among millions who actually doesn't know what (s)he speaks.

I am happy that my day is spent with school children and in silence other times. And how happy I am that I too can join thousands of children this year on a very special day i.e. Feb 1 in silence to spread Light, Love & Peace!

* * * * * * * * * *

No comments: