Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

When I tried to pour down my feelings as a six-year old girl in my write-up 'Where is my papa?', I found how difficult it is to write children's books. Years back, when a 'special child' (autistic child) visited our house, I wondered how could their world, feelings and thoughts be, as I had never had a close watch of them. I could not get into their inside world howmuchever I tried to read about their behavioural patterns. But loads of love reserved always.

This story, 'The curious incident of the dog in the night-time' by Mark Haddon has blown me totally. Whatever you name it - creative, interesting, moving, informative etc, it is worth treasuring it and giving it as a gift for the adolescents and adults alike. Winner of the 'Whitbread Book of the Year', this book has amazed and influenced me of the creative style, the usage of 'and', the mathematical equations, the smileys and the approach of the author.

Oh, God! There are many Christophers out there who could not understand the oscillating behaviours of the normal people and who could not be understood as well. Can anyone write soooooo simply and yet touch the roots of your heart? Yes, here is the answer.

A must to read and adorn your book-shelf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Padmaja

Your comments on this book is influencing me to buy one for myself.