Sunday, August 06, 2006

O Mother Nature

Sitting in the porch of my home
I watch the downpour from the sky dome
In a slanting array of its display
Water perform its powerful play

Rains lashing out here in Mumbai
Unstoppable is the nature’s joy
Plants and trees waving their arms
Joy or agony I know not their qualms

O Nature, please slow down a little
I assure you, none dare ever to belittle
See, sparrows are shivering outside in confusion
As if accusing me as a selfish person

Fire may be quenched by water’s power
But nothing can withhold the ruthless shower
Nay, who can understand your secret desires
As I keep wondering at your many faces

My tears have reasons known only to me
But never do they affect anyone except me
Why do you cry so publicly O Mother Nature
It disturbs many to lose their priceless life stature

Your beauty sizzles in mountains in coy
In plains and rivers you laugh out of joy
Living would be a disaster without you
Poets die to praise you standing in a queue

Are you not a mother of us all
Who would come at our beckoning call
As always, lead us with your charming stare
And bless us only with your soothing care

No comments: