Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A trip to Kodaikanal



My stay in Kodaikanal (July 13-16) with family and friends was a memorable one. The virgin beauty of the land, the lavish spread of greenery, the serene & beautiful lake, the thick mist & fog covering our ways during our entourage to various places, the hand-in-hand & arm-in-arm honeymooners in their dream worlds - all make the place all the more attractive and wonderful.

It was a pleasure to go on cycling around the lake (more to it, a few young boys ragging and coming along with me & my friend - oh, feeling so young and fresh :-)), a little bit of horse-riding, walks in the plush lawn gliding downhill creating a totally irresistible urge to roll on it endlessly, trying our hands to carry loads on our heads which the tribals do it with elan (hey, I managed to walk a few paces too and I can proudly say that I was the only one to do it), words dancing in my dreams all of a sudden to carve out the beauty of the place, a long drive to Mannavanur village drinking the scenic beauty of the still unspoilt and unexplored lake - all will be cherished as memories for a long time. I may have to borrow words and improve my vocabulary to paint them completely in words and to make you all chill out with the same feelings as mine.

See the beautiful backdrop for yourself.

No comments: