Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dearest Mother.....

Around I see to learn about your greatness
Able am I not to understand them though
Arouse my spirit to lean on gentleness
Accept my prayers, please rectify what I know

The sun, the moon, the stars and the sky
They come and go in turns to sparkle
They decorate your sari in gleaming sly
They give your glimpse in gentle warble

As I look at the sky that is high to touch
I am taught about the world of fake
As I marvel at the sun that is hot as such
I am reminded only to give and never take

As I see the moon that is lit in the dark
I want to be peaceful even when I pant
As I see the waves that lash the shore stark
I understand my ravening thoughts that rant

As I try to count the stars that glitter
I am whispered of many secrets to explore
As I figure the clouds that change its contour
I grasp the attitude of man in core

As my eyes feast on the colourful rainbow
I realize that the joys are really rare
As I view the mountains from below
I recognise the peak is far for this fare

As I giggle with the running water of the river
I value the essence of time that never stops for anyone
As I hear of the volcanoes that constantly quiver
I shiver at the dangers of anger that destroys everyone

As I am kindled by the gentle touch of breeze
I wish to be soothing to all who approach
As I learn about fire by its warmth at times of freeze
I care only to be helpful, not destroy when encroach

As I view the birds that fly very high
I wish to join them to rise to that level
As I observe the walk of majestic lion O My
I admire from a distance, but to go near is lethal

As I look at the deer that runs so fast
I wish to be innocent as never before
As I enjoy the dancing of peacock at its best
I like to imitate him coming to the fore

As I see the waddling of the duck closely
I wish my works are done with less effort
As I look at the flowers that blooms beautifully
I wish my heart blossoms with a musical note

As I stare at the meadow that is wide
I wish to feed all with my hand
As I sense the droplets of rain outside
I love to cry with the clouds inland

As I see the babe in arms sleeping sweetly
I long to lie on your lap O Mother
As I witness the feudal fights ghastly
I cry at your feet for the reason O Mother

As I step into the temple to see you Mother
I am reminded of my earthly mother always
As I see the homeless in the world nether
I long to take them in my fold in all ways

As I see the crooked people in daily life
I wish I fight with you wholeheartedly
As I see the wars that ends only in strife
I wish I vanish from this world deliberately

As I see my little son growing in my care
I thank you for making me a mother too
As I see the grief-stricken with chest bare
I do not understand your ways too

As I see the playful children in the garden
I wish I become a joyful child in no time
As I hear stories of happiness in eden
I long to see such a world with a sweet rhyme

As I see the lovers in trance accidentally
I understand why your love is so truthful
As I had gone through the birth of baby achingly
I understand that pleasure and pain are in bountiful

You reveal your identity thus in many ways, O Mother
Yet I know not how to remain peacefully
Your grace is sure for all, O Mother
Yet forgive me and hold my hand lovingly

No comments: