Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Silhouettes of souls

There was an attractive liquid smile
On my lips with an innocent finish
Adorning the mirror of anomaly
Radiating youth with silver strands
Deceiving the ruthless age clock

In a flash least expected
Those stiletto cuts of time
Slithered my body in a cross
Pushing to the dominion of decompose
With a thumping expertise

Realising my stance less stance
In the form of a spiritless spirit
I visualised those silver images
That caressed my erstwhile life
With care, concern and love

Helpless, as I looked ahead in a jiffy
With a welled up heart and teary eyes
An angel of all-encompassing love
Held my left hand to raise the right
Towards the kingdom of souls

A luminous light with matchless velocity
Enveloped my matter-less bosom softly
Playing the ballroom scenes
Of those silhouettes that cared me
Which left me alone staggered

I found the shadows of my old life
And the love of those silhouettes
Were only whimsical play of Light
That kept changing its hues
Switching my cries and laughter

With a shapeless smile of peace
I shrugged my blemishes in a wink
And whisk passed my body & those silhouettes
With a will to be a soul of Light -
A birth that sees no death

5 comments:

Latha said...

A lovely poem with wild imagination! A different topic chosen by you this time! You have established that you are indeed a talented poet capable of trying out innovative styles in poetry!
Keep it up!

Padmaja said...

Thank you Ma'am for your liberal comments.

S. Ravi Venkatramana said...

Good imagination!!! Keep writing Padmaja.

In fact, I want you to read one classic by T.S. Eliot about birth and death:

All this was a long time ago, I remember
And I would do it again, but set down
This set down
This : were we led all that way for
Birth or Death? There was a Birth, certainly,
We had evidence and no doubt. I had seen birth and death
But had thought they were different, this Birth was
Hard and bitter agony for us, like Death, our death.
We returned to our places, these Kingdoms,
But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation
With an alien people clutching their gods.
I should be glad of another death.

- T S Eliot

Radhakrishnan said...

A birth that sees no death!

I have found the poet ushana! that's you sister.

Padmaja said...

@ Ravi - You have surprised me really. I can't believe my ever busy brother finds time to visit my blog. Keep visiting to hear my whispers from the heart..... :)


@ Radha - What to say of your comment! I could not control my emotion. Thanks a lot. However, I place the same at His Feet.