Sunday, November 18, 2007

Those droplets…

Your every effort
May look insignificant
But actually they are not
Watch those droplets
Filling the bucket
Slowly and steadily…
Your effort is nothing
But those priceless droplets
He told me the other day

Obeying his words
I sat before those droplets
And watched them patiently
Alas!
I realised all of a sudden
That I had already wasted
Those droplets of time
From my bucket full of life

Does anybody know
How many droplets
Can I afford to fit in still?

3 comments:

Latha said...

:-) Nice one! Time is indeed priceless.
But one more thing is to be understood is that what seems to be a waste of time to one, may seem to be valuable to the other.
A nice short poem with powerful words!

Padmaja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Padmaja said...

Yes, Latha. Very true. Thanks a lot.

What is priceless effort for one, is wastage of time for the other. What is a lesson to be learnt for one, is sheer nonsense for the other.

We are living in the world of relativity and hence our perceptions are bound to differ. This is a blessing cum curse for us.

By the way, what made you smile? :)