Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Moods of pain



My teary eyes and burning heart
Fired up the cool autumnal pond
Sending waves of failures of love
Pain was infectious…

Those fresh lotus petals turned together
To see the elegant lady who was charring
Their lives of beauty to ashes
Pain demanded attention…

One dared to touch my red eyes
In a bid to soothe my flaming being
And asked for reason with compassion
Pain expected sympathy…

Brought home the pink flower
To narrate my story of baseless love
That bent my will beyond imagination
Pain had tall tales…



Looking at my face on the mirror of no magic
I decided to disintegrate the radiating beauty
And merge in the blue canvas of cosmos
Pain could not be erased…

From behind the curtains of rainbow memories
His handsome face emerged effortlessly
That thrust me in the corner sobbing
Pain yearned to brood…



Like a single leaf left alone in a storm
I shivered upon those besmeared words
That boiled my brain only to end in swoon
Pain was unbearable…

Woke up with the tap of lotus
That wanted me to smile awhile
And feel the purity of love around
Pain stood aside…


P.S. This is my contribution for 'Express Yourself Contest Week 16'
Picture courtesy - reflector

5 comments:

Latha said...

Fantastic Padmaja! What an imagination! You have combined both the pictures and have brought the hidden emotions of those meaningless pictures in a very nice way. You have also successfully conveyed a thought out of those pictures. I could simply not think of anything when I saw them. All that I thought of was that it can only serve the purpose of a wall hanging. :)

Padmaja said...

I had no idea how to interpret it when I first saw these pictures. More over, I am not at interpreting modern art.

Thanks for liking this piece of writing.

Raj Arumugam said...

Hi Padmaja - though I'm reading this a second (or more?) time, it's still fresh and moving.
The last line 'Pain stood aside' ends the poem so well.

Padmaja said...

Thanks a lot, Raj. Am honoured to receive your comments once again for the blog you've read before.

Radhakrishnan said...

Love can treat pain. Wonderful. I have been working hard to find a medicine to treat pain by working on different pathways. Love is a wonderful pathway.

Thank you Padmaja.