Saturday, March 01, 2008

The ultimatum



Ruptured window of my car
Testified the storm outside
And a glimpse of ferocity

Touching the lines of partition
My eyes noticed water lines
Dripping near my feet

Shifting my gaze to the glass
I extended my vision to the sky
In a limitless velocity

Refusing to erase or get razed
My past mocked in unison
To claim a seat of beat

Reasoning my being of presence
I realised my body in shackles
That became my goal of pain

Held up in the land of known
I raised my voice for help
To avoid the cruel death pavilion

None saw the storm raging inside
As my deeds were mistaken for
A stain in my life of vain

Piercing those solid glass pieces
My soul succumbed to the ultimatum
And flew joyfully towards the oblivion


P.S. This is my contribution for Poetry Contest Week 15
Picture courtesy - Supriya

6 comments:

Latha said...

Wow! Nice poem Padmaja! The title picture is well justified.

Radhakrishnan said...

Very good poem. Even someone offered help at that time, nothing would have prevented this joyful journey.

''Shifting my gaze to the glass
I extended my vision to the sky
In a limitless velocity''

Very nice.

Thank you Padmaja.

Moonstruck Girl said...

This held me in morbid fascination, Padmaja!! Lovely one, as always !! :)
- Me

Padmaja said...

I am glad that Latha did like this simple interpretation as well. :)

Padmaja said...

You are absolutely right, Radha. Nothing can stop this journey.

Padmaja said...

Dear Me,

Your words 'morbid fascination' made me wonder if it is really worth of such description. You are generous as always. :)

Love,

Padmaja