Monday, January 26, 2009

Get up



The moment I saw this picture, my mood brightened up all the more. I shared my joy with my friend and son who were with me yesterday.

A few tips that I try to adopt when there is a sort of mental sickness and suffocation.....

• Dress up nicely to look and feel good.
• Get out of the house and breathe fresh air. At least stand in the balcony for sometime.
• Watch the birds, sky, stars, moon etc for sometime.
• Visit my dear friend (if available/possible) or temple or cinema or any outing.
• If I could not get out of the house, read Self development books.
• Chat with people whom I love.
• However, the one thing that brings peace within minutes is taking a fresh bath, meditate and send Love & Light to the person who has hurt me.

Of course, there were times when I took time to recuperate inwardly.

I have never hated anyone or anything so far. I do not want to die with any pending equations with anybody and work out my karmas in my subsequent births, for I strongly believe in the Law of Karma.

Very importantly, I believe only in Love. When misunderstandings happen, I try to become a quiet observer, for any justification or argument triggers more pain than any gain.

I really like this well dressed up small boy walking in the pool of water. I wonder what had been through in his mind at the time of walk. However, he was successful in inspiring me to write this blog. :)


P.S. Picture courtesy - a forwarded email received yesterday

8 comments:

Latha said...

The picture is so sweet!

Inspiring write!

Elanchezhiyan said...

Nice one

Anonymous said...

Hi Padmaja,

There's nothing like water to wash away stale thoughts! :)

Cheers,
The Phoenix

Padmaja said...

Thank you, friends.

The Phoenix - I'm glad to see you here. :) Visited your blogspot and tried to leave comments but could not. Well, I loved your profile description and also your viewpoint on months. Btw, do not ignore July as that is the month that gave birth to this personality. ;)

Anonymous said...

Heyy :)

So you're a July birdie!! :)

Looks like there is some issue with my 'Post a comment' link.. :( I'll get it fixed up!! One among the many fun things about blogging is reading various viewpoints... :D

- The Phoenix

Radhakrishnan said...

Very nice picture and post. Thank you.

Padmaja said...

Thank you, Radha for your visit and comments. I am very happy to see you here.

Solai Kannan said...

These lines, "meditate and send Love & Light to the person who has hurt me.....I do not want to die with any pending equations with anybody and work out my karmas in my subsequent births..." are possible only for a mind, which has lots of peace and compassion.