Saturday, November 07, 2009

Number Two Hundred

Today evening Balaji took me to Sri Krishna Temple at Manama by surprise. He dropped me at the entrance and asked me to go & see as he could not find a parking lot. In fact, I rarely visit temples these days. I am not deliberately avoiding but just that I have no urge to go.

I was really taken aback upon seeing the huge Govardhan giri occupying majority of the open area against the big Krishna mural. The temple being managed and run by Gujarati community is well known for grand, colourful and vibrant decorations especially on special occasions. I inferred from the banner hung over there that there was some rath yatra yesterday.

My admiration and respect to all those behind this beautiful expression of devotion and sweet feat of creativity.

Jai Shree Krishna!

* * * * *

Talking of devotion, I would stand in awe in temples sometimes looking at others' explicit devotion than making effort of my own. I still wonder why I have never been inclined or inspired to learn or chant slokas/mantras. Could it be my birth defect? :)

Yet, I pray. Don't ask me what and how as my jabber cannot be heard by anyone except God. :)

* * * * *

I cannot believe that I have completed 200 posts - each one written with genuine emotions felt at the time of writing. The crowning glory is the one written 3.5 years back which is very, very dear to my heart.

I dedicate my scribbles to that one man who stole my heart in one swish and continue to do so even now. I wish to be connected / acquainted with him in every birth of mine. I fear not for my innumerable births but I fear that I should not lose sight of him in any of my births. If you know me, you would instantly know whom I am talking about. Otherwise, go here to know who he is....

http://padmaja-whispers.blogspot.com/2009/01/fond-feeling.html

I remember scribbling these few words on July 4, 2006 sitting in my sister's house in Chennai.

* * * * *

Number Two Hundred is just a small number for random ramblings. Loads of mental junk need to be offloaded here. So, stay tuned... :)

8 comments:

Latha said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! I am very happy that you have written lots in a very short span. I know your posts have always expressed genuine feelings straight from your heart. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Keep up the good work.

Padmaja said...

Thanks Latha. It has taken 3 years to touch this mark. The elasticity of the mind is realised more at such circumstances.

Love,

Padmaja

Solai Kannan said...

Hi Padmaja,

Though I don't believe in these landmarks, I wish that you should continue the writing. Your unique skills will definitely inspire many.

Thanks
Solaikannan

Padmaja said...

Thanks Solai.

Prakashika said...

Congrats padmaja for ur 200th post.
As i always say when i read any article that u write i can actually picturise it.
So i cant go through ur article simply that is why i am late in posting comments some(most of the ) time

Padmaja said...

Thank you very much dear. I shall try to do goodwill that you have towards me.

Take your time and read during leisure whenever you feel like.

Love,

Padmaja

S. Ravi Venkatramana said...

Dear Padmaja,

My hearty congratulations to you on your 200th post. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Hope your 2000th post is not far from now.

Regards,
Ravi

Padmaja said...

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your wishes. I am happy that you found time to leave your footprints here amidst your hectic schedule.

Love,

Padmaja