Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Power of Love

The three grew up together but one could not live with the other two for long. The (un)fortunate one was none other than Christian, the Lion. I was stunned to watch the last few minutes of the great documentary aired in Animal Planet a couple of days back.

This has happened 40 years ago. The grown-up domesticated animal (Christian) from London is introduced into Kenyan jungle slowly and steadily as it becomes difficult for the two youngsters to rear the lion at home. After many failures, the lion adapts itself to the new surrounding and builds its pride.

After one year of leaving Christian with the trainer, the two men travel to Africa to see their darling pet.

Upon hearing their call, the lion which is living with two lioness and an adopted cub, slowly turns, looks at the two buddies, takes slow paces and then suddenly pounces on them with its front legs against their shoulders and showers its love. It was an unforgettable and beautiful sight.

It was all the more beautiful to see those two men who have become old now reminisce those beautiful moments.

I was deeply touched by such power of Love.

That reminded me of the power of unconditional love that I have experienced. In fact, the whole of this year has been one of blessing. When I recollect all those memories, I go down on my knees to only thank God.

Not only that, in this year, I also saw a few strengthening their existing ties with me, a few moving away from me deliberately and a few coming closer voluntarily. Calmly, peacefully and silently, I have learnt to witness the changes within and around.

I always see the world outside as beautiful. And I strive hard to keep my inner world one of purity and striking beauty with Love.

There’s nothing else to ask for, for my life. I feel that there’s nothing else in my life.

1 comment:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

I was equally moved on seeing the video clipping that came as an attachment in my email forwarded by a friend some months back. Later on, I witnessed the documentary in the TV too. It is indeed strange for an animal to recognise and reciprocate love - especially wild animals.

This reminds me of a story that my grandma narrated some years back. There was a family known to her that raised a dog. I know you must be saying that dog is a faithful animal but I was surprised to learn about the immense love this animal had shown to his master. Due to some reasons, the family had to move to Rangoon. They had no choice other than to leave the dog behind since none of their friends accepted the dog into their house. They left the dog in the airport itself. People later quoted that the dog was always found on the verandah of the house of its master and every morning it used to pay a visit to the airport and return back with disappointment it seems. Many people were touched by its act but none could help it. Finally, it died of old age.

Love is such a powerful force that knows no reason and sees no status. It just flows. These days we are put in a kind of confusion to identify true love. Such examples make us believe that there exists pure love in this era too among the existing beings.

I am glad about the changes in your life and I wish that you be filled with eternal love always.