Monday, December 27, 2010

The lonely flight

As I stared at the near blank sky yesterday night, I remembered the lesson ‘Migration of birds’ during my school years. That was long ago yet I remember vividly how I used to wonder their caliber to sustain the long flight across the deep oceans without an iota of fear.

Now I understand more clearly how it is to be all alone in the long flight. Even when you are with your flock of family & friends, you are always different and alone because each one is sitting inside his/her globe of priorities, interests and tastes and get driven unconsciously. The group of tiny Salmons may appear to display their most amazing skills to the human eyes during their long distance migration in search of fresh water but the underlying fact is that every Salmon has to make such death defying efforts to sustain and live.

I went back to bed with a smile – During this year, I had also laughed at the compliments for my good looks in spite of those fast multiplying grey hair on the head(:P), worried at my forgetfulness to wish 'Happy Birthday' over phone when I called the birthday boy from the shop especially to find out the right gift.... and a young heart to wonder at the many expressions of eyes....

However, I only wish the glowing inner cinders have the ability to cross the borders of genders and touch at least one heart to fly high.

1 comment:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja


Your efforts to empathize with many creatures around you is simply amazing. What a soft heart you can feel the pain of those creatures whose flight seems to be mere fascination to the eyes of many!