Friday, October 07, 2011

Even the half-moon

with its aura appeared resplendent in the sky. How easily we forget that we too have auras which could easily expose our emotional maturity to anyone who is psychic!

Well, it was already 9:45 pm yet I had a lot of time to board the Coimbatore bound train. The trip was unexpected and I considered it my duty to be with my friend who had lost her dear father all too sudden. When the whole world was and is mourning for the death of Steve Jobs, in a quiet corner of a small town, my friend is mourning deeply for her beloved father alone who died a day before the visionary.

She looked at me, it seemed, as if my presence could give her necessary strength.

I remember how a famous writer wants to cremate his body after his death with no funeral or epitaph and spread the ashes on the mountain ranges of his country, thus his last trace of existence on this earth be carried away by wind.

As I write this blog, I'm reminded by a voice that the greatest glory is reserved for one who cares not for his own glory in any of his (re)incarnations.

No comments: