Saturday, November 25, 2006

Krishna, my friend


I wake up in the morning early to start my hectic day
He creeps into my mind at once to stay for the day

I politely tell him to come back later once my work is over
He gives me a look that breaks my heart to shiver

I am a fool, I have not introduced him to you all
He is my dearest friend, never he leaves me at all

I lovingly call him ‘Kaala’ as he is black as coal
He urges me to finish my earthly role fast only to talk fruitfully

When I ask him about his mother who misses him so much
He sheds tears of love for his two mothers in fact as such

When I ask him about his friends who were behind him always
He shares his feelings emotionally for their sake on all days

When I eagerly ask him about his pranks of his childhood
He comes near me to cheerfully explain them in detail

When I ask him about his lovers who pine for him
He says that they never lost him for they eternally reside in his heart

When I ask him whether he would leave me too to dwell in darkness
He promises me in whispers that his friendship is there for me forever

Listen to me about such a friend who cares for me tenderly
He laughs at my prattle, yet he likes me to the core truly

When I go to a shop to buy a grand dress
He murmurs from behind not to waste money

When I give away my little holdings happily
He appreciates my heart with an advice to expand widely

When I comb my hair looking at my gray hair
He consoles me that it is just the play of time

When I speak a little more to others
He reminds me that I must check my tongue

When I am angry with myself for my foolishness
He cracks many a joke to cheer me from my distress

When I am upset with others for their haughtiness
He advises me with stories to rise only in meekness

When I am in joyful mood that I go round and round
He too joins me in my happiness as a true friend

When I hear complaints from his girlfriends
He sweetly allows me to twist his ears for his act

When I get irritated with his open mischief on me
He pleads with me to forgive him wholeheartedly

When I hear words that my heart cannot bear
He touches my shoulder in concern to take things lightly

When I am bogged with situations that pains me
He strokes my head and showers his soothing love

When I fail to return my love to near ones explicitly
He urges me to express my affection for them frankly

When I commit grave mistakes
He whips me with his words, yet he cares for me

When I struggle to learn new things
He applauds me even for my failed attempts

When I am in sorrow that disturbs my peace
He understands my feelings and silently sheds tears

When I loudly cry for the loss of lives in disasters
He dutifully delivers his teachings of life and death

When I ask him why he punishes people ruthlessly
He says that it is only their untruth that kills them knowingly

When I ask him why he does not play his flute any more
He says that I can hear him when I purify my core

When I ask him about the relationships of earthly life
He tells me to be loyal to all, yet use my intellect as a knife

When I ask him how I can rise to his level of divinity
He says that I must forgo my likes and dislikes

When I ask him why the world talks bad about us
He says that they know not the truth as there is no male or female actually

When I ask him how he is so detached
He laughs on my imprudence for he is the Lord , so pray to Him consciously

I have never dreamt that such a friend can enter into my life too
He says that he too yearns for my friendship

Have you ever heard of such a friend who gives everything for my sake
Here is one who lifts me from ignorance every time I become fake

Hey! Here is an assurance from me to blindly take his hand
For his teachings are stressed only on love unconditional

[I don't have the habit of editing my earlier works. But here, as a special case, I have removed just a few non-essential words from the original for a better read. Perhaps, if written now, my style would be different for sure. :) - April 17, 2013]

No comments: