Saturday, November 25, 2006

Life, Love & Light

Life

I often marvel at the many things that our body does at the same time. It can see the beautiful girl crossing the road, speak on the mobile, hear the music flowing from a distance, scratch the head with hands, walk on the footpath and yet sulk about the past or dreaming about the future. The core functions of life simultaneously functioning inside i.e. pumping of heart, circulation of blood and air, digestion of food, handling and broadcasting of signals by the brain and the corresponding reflex actions apart from the feelings & emotions that the invisible heart goes through…… oh, the creator must be the Perfect.

On the other side, we never feel the mind-boggling speed of earth’s rotation and revolution, nor realize the illusory impact of the sky, sunrise & sunset with our eyes. The striking snow-capped mountains, fabulous blue oceans, dense green forests, beautiful waterfalls, innocent girlish rivers, hanging clouds, the many spheres of earth (both inside and outside), effect of centripetal and centrifugal forces forcing the planets, stars and galaxies to stand apart, the invisible atoms and cells in and around us charged with energy - I am again stunned by the God’s beautiful creation and its orderliness.

I am glad that I am also a speck of this world and have a heart to appreciate, enjoy and wonder at all these things. Yes, I have life and that’s why it is possible.

Please allow me to stay here. And I want you to stay and enjoy with me.

Love

While the behavioural patterns of the animals are pre-programmed, man is the only living entity to have given freewill. No doubt, as a result of this, thank God, no two men appear as clones of each other.

We can roughly predict the reaction of an animal at any given circumstance whereas it is not so with man because of his raging intellect. Man is a unique and an interesting phenomenon to explore, thanks to his set of habits, inborn qualities, talents and drawbacks to rule him always.

Having watched ‘The Lion King’ many times, I had often wondered whether such things are true in the animal world or is it nothing but the creative display of human emotions. Even the inanimate objects are given larger than life images with man’s creativity. I could not stop smiling when I walked on the road after watching the movie ‘The cars’. Of course I enjoyed every bit of it. The story has a moral too – only love and compassion can win the hearts.

To take the point from here, the only underlying principle of all lives is ‘love’. Why does man fail miserably in this area? Because he attaches expectations to his acts. Using his analytical ability, he reasons behind his love towards others. He paints them with different relationships, conditions himself accordingly and moves a step forward or backward always, and suspects & gives colours to others’ moves too.

That’s where the spirit of love is trampled and in its place governs jealousy, hatred, anger, prejudice, pride, greediness etc. The result is nothing but destruction of us and of course the world.

Oh, Man! Have you forgotten the immortal words of the son of God “Love Thy neighbour as Thy own self”.

Awaken yourself to the truth that it is your own very nature to love all as you are nothing but love.

Light

I do not wish to contend whether the body gives up the soul or the soul gives up the body after death (assuming that there is a soul, an inner being that treats my body as a puppet). Let us hold on to our beliefs here. The point is, as soon as my death comes, my very own people dispose my well nourished body immediately.

What happens to me after that is beyond my comprehension as I have not experienced it yet.

While alive, let me close my eyes for a moment and mentally go through what have I done so far. Mind you, all these days I have been thinking that I am the best and my life is the ideal one. But, but what do I see? Many prominent dark spots are highlighted in the clear slate of consciousness. I am struggling my best to wipe them out but unsuccessful every time. I open my eyes never to visit such dark areas again but having visited once consciously, I could not avoid them. I do not wish to die when my soul is writhing in agony. What can I do now?

Is it fine if I learn a few things –

* Extend a warm hand to the needy voluntarily
* Be truthful to my words and thoughts
* Discourage the entry of anger, jealousy and pride
* Care not for others’ opinions and back talks on me
* Give a fresh, broad smile to all never showing my pains and sorrows of life
* Like what I do
* Strive to be a perfectionist
* Practise human values
* Make my place a heaven to live for me and others
* Simple living and high thinking
* Love all
* And mainly entrust myself to the Eternal Father

Now, I find my blemishes slowly fading as I start practising the above diligently.

Ah! I see only Light everywhere. And that Light is nothing but Love. That Love is nothing but God. That God is present in every one of us and every atom of the universe. The whole universe is sparkling in Light now.

I am a spark of that Light and in fact I am that Light.

Life, Love & Light – that’s me. So are you.

No comments: