Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I know...



I know I am no longer a kid
For there’s an inborn fear
Deep down the spine
Only of life’s positives

Happiness that may disappear
Togetherness that may scatter
Words of love that may deceive
Hands of friendship that may drag

I do not wish to breathe
The aroma of such a life
For they’re mere illusions
For I’m brave to shatter them all

I’ve seen scenes of red stains
For hours together with frozen eyes
Scattered on the walls of my home
As unruffled witnesses of destiny

Education is a mere mockery
As it fails to show me graceful life
There’s none to escape my sharp eyes
As I am trained to kill by sound



Ah! There’s someone crushing the leaves
Why my comrade is not alert like me?
Wow! I see a tiger skinned piglet walking
Alongside the protective mammal

Earlier my silence to respect the language
Was always compensated by the echoes of artillery
This time my speech is revived to enjoy
The rarest display of faith and love

Now I know I am only a kid
For there’s an inborn fear
Developing deep down the spine
Of losing life’s positives



This is my entry for Weekly Contest No.20

http://ajitnambiar.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/04/sulekha-contest-no-20-faith.htm

5 comments:

Latha said...

Excellent Padmaja! What an interpretation for the photo! Fabulous!!

Padmaja said...

My good friend,

You have only words of encouragement always. In fact, this work is done in haste to challenge myself if I am capable of writing anything or not. Of late, I find hard to write. :) Thanks a lot, Latha.

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Padmaja,

Lovely one as always :) For some reason, I feel it would be so lovely if we all knew in our childhood itself what growing up will bring .. We would perhaps stop wishing that we could grow up faster .. And just remain tiny tots always :)

Love,
Me

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Padmaja said...

Dear Me,

You are right. During our childhood, we wanted to become an adult very fast and vice versa in adulthood. :)

Thanks for your visit.

Love,

Padmaja