Thursday, April 03, 2008

Showcase



Amazing is your brilliance, O MAN
To see me in you for theories of your evolution

During my jungle wanderings I’ve met
Your clan of selfishness and articulate gimmicks
Defining the logic of reasoning and rationale

During my adventures to cities I’ve seen
Your race of brutal violence and intolerance
Exhibiting mal-nutritious positive emotions

During my surprise visits to houses I’ve witnessed
Your people indulging in heartless, weird gossips
Leaving behind ugly trails of restlessness and mistrust



You smile and eat and walk and breed
Just like me but more refined displaying your orderly brain
O MAN, I am the origin of your clan, isn’t it?

If evolution is for betterment, how can I be linked with you
To clear this one doubt that haunts me day & night
I am looking at my picture in your showcased book

Sshhhhhh….. stay away from me for a while
For my feelings may be showcased more loudly
Upon seeing theories of your evolution


This write is my response to Express Yourself Contest Week 19 - Feelings.

http://ehsaas.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/03/express-yourself-contest-week-19-feelings.htm

4 comments:

Latha said...

Amazing Padmaja! Nice little poem for a thought provoking picture. You have beautifully brought about the deterioration of a man in the eyes of a monkey / ape or whatever creature it may be! It is such a cute picture and a wonderful justification to it through your powerful hands!

Padmaja said...

Believe me, I burst into laughter when I glanced at the picture for the first time. So much of innocence I could notice in the face of ape which is very much missing in us. In spite of hectic schedule, I decided to write a few lines for him. Glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful thoughts. It makes me to think, are we missing something? I think we are not.

The book is in safe hands!

Padmaja said...

Your last sentence made me laugh more! :)