Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sight of a might



You might visibly notice
The communication of muscles
Within my athletic feet and arms
Expressing my might openly

The rough rock that sits tall
Under my body of stone
Refuses to absorb any shocks
That rock my heart invisible

The naked truth that tickles me
Is this black posture of thinking
For eons as decided by the creator
As it troubles my naked display of thoughts

I’ve already realized inwardly
Thanks to a man of frail build -
Meek is not the symbol of weak
But the only need to reach the peak

Move away your eyes elsewhere
As I’m tired of your gazing thoughts
I’m neither a man of mighty inspiration
Nor the only marvel of sculpture in sight



My contribution for Contest No.21
http://binagupta.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/04/contest-no-21.htm

3 comments:

Latha said...

Meek is not the symbol of weak
But the only need to reach the peak

This is fantastic Padmaja! A very nice poem with full concentration on every aspect of the picture. Well done!

Latha

Moonstruck Girl said...

I loved the last few lines :)) They were amazing !! Quite a humorous ending :)

Love,
Me

Padmaja said...

Thanks a lot, Latha and Me.