Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rails of relationship



Beneath the willows of cheerful memories
My chins reflect a somber look and eyes moist

In a battle with eyelids to hold the ocean of emotions
My soul shrieks with the fear of parting your being

The endless chatter that bound our sensible nonsense
Laughs aloud in echoes from the destined past

Not a secret resides between you and me so far
Leaving the world blissfully ignorant of our closeness

As you move on with the exciting chapters of life
You’ll see me wallowing on this bank holding your spirit

'Moments of life are always lenient with meeting and parting’
Engraving thus in my heart I always pray for your welfare

I don’t ask of your kindness to think of me sometimes
For I know our rails of relationship cannot be separated
In our individual travel towards eternal abode

7 comments:

Moonstruck Girl said...

When you look at relations from such a large perspective, separation becomes so easy to handle :) I am going to put up these lines in front of my desk, if you don't mind :) These verses are the much needed antidote to my apprehensions about separation, and changes, in general :)

Love,
Me

Latha said...

Such a wonderful poem! The picture is beautiful and your ornamental words have added beauty to the relationship depicted. Great writing!

Padmaja said...

@Me - Of course, you have all the liberty to put up on your desk. Thanks for your wonderful comments.

@Latha - The painting is so beautiful that words refused to come out of my brain. After a struggle of 2-3 days, I managed to write it. Thanks to you for liking it.

Raj Arumugam said...

Hi Padmaja

It's a profound poem that captures so effectively the various aspects of friendship: parting of being; endless chatter;secret, etc. And of course the strong line:I don't ask of your kindness to think of me sometimes...

Well-written and so universal.


Suggestion:
I just noticed that
Moments of life is....
should be
Moments of life are....
(The subject is Moments so you need are.)


Again, a powerful and evocative poem.

Padmaja said...

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, Raj. Did the correction. Sometimes such basic mistakes escape my eyes as my concentration convulges more on the emotions that I am going to coin with words. :)

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Padmaja,

You are tagged :)
http://impulsive-outpourings.blogspot.com/2008/06/le-noir.html

Cheers,
Me

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Padmaja,

I am tagging you again :)

http://impulsive-outpourings.blogspot.com/2008/06/my-fives.html

Love,
Me