Monday, June 30, 2008

Want to know me better?

Me has once again tagged me to reveal my deep dark secrets of my heart. Well, let me let out a few…

1) I must have been studying in 3rd or 4th grade and Tamil was my second language. I was not the topper of the class but managed to score good marks always. During one such exams too, I had scored good marks in all subjects except Tamil. She asked me, “How much have you scored in Tamil?” I said, “44”. She asked me, “Why have you scored so low?” I coolly answered, “After all, it’s Tamil. That much is enough.” Oops… my angelic mother couldn’t bear my attitude and hit me left, right and centre on my bare body with a plastic cricket bat lying nearby. I didn’t shed a drop of tear then. Instead I told her in the end, “Wait. When appa comes, I’ll tell him what you did.” Now I can laugh thinking about it. :)

2) During my childhood, I could not mix up with strangers easily. I used to be the pet of all teachers in school as I never talked in the class. If a visitor entered our house, I would sit silently in the verandah alone till they leave.

3) I won’t lie even for a joke since my childhood. I prefer to stay away from liars. It is not because of their lies but only because I may not do full justice when I interact with them.

4) I had deep interests in arts of all forms but never had the opportunity to learn / master any.

5) I used to dream with eyes wide open; skies and clouds and birds and beasts and every great and small touched my heart. I was comfortable with nature than with people. But I had to work really hard to break my attitude towards the latter. Not that I am better now.

6) I wanted to become a doctor. The white coat still fascinates me.

7) My greatest disadvantage is, I believe in what others say – word by word. It is easy to cheat me.

8) I am strong willed and have stood calamities with tearless eyes. However, I cry when I am overcome with simple emotions.

9) A word given is given.

10) I struggle hard to write every single piece of work but many have told that I am gifted and blessed claiming that I’m intelligent. I chuckle every time I hear this lie.

11) I am a rebel at heart but not a critic of others’ beliefs. I believe in rebirths and law of karma.

12) I am waiting to see my spirit face to face one day. :)


I have none to tag at the moment. So, whosoever reads this and wishes to get tagged, they are most welcome.

7 comments:

Raj Arumugam said...

First, it's 1 July - so, Happy Birthday!
And of course, Happy 21st!

Raj Arumugam said...

I was never good at Tamil and it was the teacher (when I was about 14)who made fun of my spelling errors before the whole class. He thought he'd humiliate me - but I couldn't be bothered, my mind must
have been on the previous John Keats poem I had just read on my own....

_________

I've been beaten by dad! never by my attha(mum)!
When my daughter was beaten by my wife (20 years ago?) my daughter played the same card you did: I'll tell appa.
And of course we came to an understanding that there should be no from of violence in our home.
(I haven't been able to persuade people to give up meat though, even by example.)

Padmaja said...

Thank you very much, Raj for your generous wishes on my 21st. :)))

Very interesting to know about your childhood. I think English is in your blood.

Glad to know that your daughter is as intelligent as me in handling domestic issues at a very young age. :D

Latha said...

Nice to learn about the little secrets from your end. To me, everything except point no. 1 seems to be a repetition. It was anyway very interesting to know about you again :)

Moonstruck Girl said...

You know ... I would love to have a friend like you :)

Love,
Me

Padmaja said...

@Latha - After all, we are friends. :)

@Me - Aren't we friends now? :)

Elanchezhiyan said...

Nice...
some of them are matching for me.
Point.1) I have done.
Point.2) I was so fear with only one man in my childhood. Later he became my silambam master.
Point.3) I won't lie until when I entered into law college.
Point.4) I too. Due to that reason only still I am struggling to settle also. I am very much interested to talk about all the topics.
Point.5) I am a nature lover. Mostly studied in hostels. So I like the loneliness. When I am having more worries.......you can see me any one of the beaches....siting lonely.
Point.6) I wanted to become a doctor upto my 9th standard. Because my father was a homeopath doctor. I want to be a MBBS doctor. But the calculating machines inspired me. Then law. Still I too also do some good disection. (Note: when I was 7th standard itself i gone through all the page of my father's homeopathy books).
Point. 7) I won't believe all the words.
Point. 8) Most of the time.
Point.9) Ofcourse true.
Point.10) I wondering about you...in this regard....you have a great talent.
Point.11) I believed god upto 12th standard.....after that I don't believe the god.
Point.12) Sometimes....