Thursday, June 05, 2008

Show me yourself soon...




Running away from the doldrums
I held your hand very tightly
For a long walk along the countryside

Hearing the humming of bees
I saw you freezing in silence
Merging with the harmony of flowers

Forcing me to toss the footwear in air
You made me wonder at your walk
On those slender fern with tender care

Enjoying the breeze that blew across
Your angelic face expressed beatitude
That tied me up with emotions unexpressed

Walking and talking, playing and singing
We spent time together along with Brownie
Only to fall asleep out of tiredness

How well do I remember that day still
Wherein I rested on you peacefully
Realising the unpolluted love for once

How much do I yearn to be with you now
When the nights’ darkness has unleashed
Its fears and pains of this abysmal world?

Show me yourself soon……..
I have spoken to the wind to be gentle
When my bare feet go for a leisurely walk
Once again to match your soft paces & innocent looks

8 comments:

S. Ravi Venkatramana said...

Dear Padmaja,

Excellent! This is something one can yearn for...

Regards,
Ravi

Latha said...

Very nice poem Padmaja! The words are so captivating exactly matching the feelings displayed in the picture.

Padmaja said...

@Ravi - Thanks for your visit, brother.

@Latha - Thanks for your kind words which you always have for me.

Moonstruck Girl said...

How innocent!
'I've spoken to the wind to be gentle'
The verses have quite a lilting tone to it :)

Raj Arumugam said...

Beautiful and aesthetically satisfying conclusion, Padmaja:

Ihave spoken to the wind to be gentle
When my bare feet go for a leisurely walk
Once again to match your soft paces & innocent looks


'innocent looks' reminds me of a baby looking skywards....Now where have I seen that picture before....?

Padmaja said...

Thanks, Me. The quoted line is my favourite too, for there is 'innocence' in all of us.

Padmaja said...

Raj,

Honestly, I was surprised to see your comment here too. How sweet! Thanks a lot.

When we had been to Manali, our hotel was facing the Byaas river. It was so beautiful to walk along the banks what with the majestic Himalayan ranges surrounding us standing in a meditative mood .

The laughing baby looking skywards - haha..... :D

Unknown said...

DEAR PADMA,
SIMPLY LOVED ALL THE POEMS OF YOURS...AND THIS RECENT ONE OF YOURS.. FANTASTIC .. TRY AS MUCH AS I CAN... I CAN NEVER WRITE WORDS THAT RHYME...
THIS POEM OF YOURS TOOK ME TO AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT WORLD
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
SHYLAJA