Thursday, February 26, 2009

One wrong foot...

As I have written in my profile, it is extremely interesting to explore life as a whole. Thank God, whenever there is a dull moment, the Providence throws a few bright colours on me to make it lively and entertaining. You may wonder what is so exciting about my life of late.

After watching Naan Kadavul (amazing movie) with my friend’s family yesterday night, I was climbing down the steps of the theatre but kept my right foot on a small pit by mistake and lo! it happened be a wrong one. I heard a cracking sound at a distance but felt flashes of pain beyond control for a second. Thanks to my friend who took me to the hospital immediately, the findings say that I have had Jones fracture. The outcome - my right leg is decorated till knee deep in a beautiful off-white coloured plaster. To make it complete, my husband got forearm crutches for me to roam around freely till the day of removal of the plaster i.e. 20th March.

I am laughing out aloud on my temporary disability along with others. Probably, I would enjoy watching ‘Peaceful Warrior’ more in my present condition, to be more determined and committed to my goal.

A very interesting point that comes to my mind now is, I too am experiencing a phase of crutches as is written in my earlier blog ‘Footprints & Shadows’ with a missing foot in 'footprints' and inclusion of crutches in the 'shadows'.

My body may be fractured but never my spirit at any time. Is it not a great and appropriate moment to realise this finding?

8 comments:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

It is indeed not a glad news for me to hear. I am sure that with good people around to take care of you and with proper medicines, you would definitely heal faster. I am glad about your findings during this temporary handicap. Any ailment or any kind of happiness should be accepted and lived through with the same temperament. You have rightly said that!

The Dingbat said...

Hi Padmaja,

It is just like you to find the good in every incident!! :)
I hope you recover soon before your trip is due.. :) Reminds me of my month-long bedrest at almost the same time last year, March 1st to be precise.. :D Enjoy the rest! :)

Love,
Anitha

Padmaja said...

Dear Latha,

Yes, I am extremely touched by the affection and care of the near and dear ones. I am really blessed to be surrounded by such good people. Believe me, I am enjoying these moments of physical stillness in my life too. And I strongly feel that there must be a purpose behind this as well. If God wills, I should convert so much of available free time in a constructive manner instead of brooding over it.

Love,

Padmaja

Padmaja said...

Dear Anitha,

So nice of you to extend your warmth at the need of the hour. I remembered your month-long rest and also the photo you've posted. My plaster is somewhat similar to yours and I have started liking it on me as well. :D

Our trip - yes, it should happen hopefully though I am so close to the deadline.

Love,

Padmaja

Anonymous said...

Dear Padmaja,
Findings are really good!
But get well soon!

Padmaja said...

Thank you, Prakashika.

Solai Kannan said...

No comments, as I do not intend to insult your spirit.

Padmaja said...

Solai - :)))

I am as cheerful as ever as I have the company of books around me. Moreover, the warmth and unconditional love extended by my family and friends deserve a blog. I will do it soon.