Monday, April 13, 2009

Brace embrace :)

I am back to the bedroom window for another month - the result of abusing my body during the India trip. :) The only hitch this time is that the climate is getting hotter day by day and there is not much charm to view the outside world except for the ever beautiful sky.

This sojourn from the routine (one more time) is going to be a boon, for I have already lined up activities that would keep me busy mentally. Owing to my immobility, I have also requested co-volunteers for the shift in the venue of chyk class to our house so that I can continue to contribute in a minuscule way. A word given (whether casual or serious) is a commitment and I don’t wish to go back on my words any day. Already I have slipped from my commitment for a month because of plaster cast.

Wondering aloud how I managed our India trip with my tattered legs. I look refreshingly nice in all the photos and there seem to be no trace of pain. :) Nobody would believe unless and until they read my detailed travelogue. Of course, there were a lot of motivating factors that numbed my pain superficially to a certain extent. Needless to mention, satsang with Swami Mitrananda and stay in Sidhbari ashram were great morale boosters.

The new ankle brace that has tightly embraced my tender foot has a mission to accomplish - to remind me again that pain is inevitable whereas suffering is optional.

I should be alright in the coming months. All I need is patience, patience and patience. So too my family. :)))

6 comments:

Latha said...

Wow! That was a lovely title though the content is painful to know. Please do take care and take sufficient rest to get out of the embrace of your brace.

Well said - "Pain is inevitable whereas suffering is optional"!

Padmaja said...

Sure, Latha. I shall try to be more serious this time.

Elanchezhiyan said...

Hai, Before leaving from Bahrain I told you that you have to take care of your legs. Now you are again bundled to take the risk. Mind always tell that I am alright, if you so confident. But mind and body should work together. Get ready to become a "Peaceful Warrior".
Expecting a good come back.
With regards,
Elanchezhiyan

Padmaja said...

Thank you for your good wishes. Hope complete rest from all physical activities would help in faster recovery.

The trip was planned long back and very much needed. No regrets about the trip as what I had gained are very valuable and vital for life.

Thank you once again.

Prakashika said...

Dear Padmaja,
Get well soon!!!!!

The Dingbat said...

Hope you are feeling much better now. :)

Love,
Anitha