Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It's not easy to be selfless

During our trip to India (22-31 March, 2009), I anticipated at least one instance of stamping my right foot in our over crowded country but the most dreaded scene didn’t happen thankfully, because of which I have returned home in ‘as is where is’ condition. Don’t ask me what that means. At present, I am clouded with pleasant memories and pampered hospitality which enabled me to leave the pains in the backburner during our long and short walks in India.

Some might have doubted whether I could take up this trip or not, but I just had one thought in my mind and that is ‘I have to go’. I am not writing this with pride but with extreme gratitude to Guru and God whose grace had given me so much of will power, physical stamina and mental strength to withstand pain.

Many a time I had wondered if there could be any plausible connectivity with the people who shower even nano moments of courtesies and kindness on me. This intangible connectivity glitters for a moment to get inspired and vanishes from the sight only to remember the greatness of such souls. Some of them we get to see again and some simply get lost never to be seen or recognized. There were no acts of pretence or lies in their words or actions. They are simple souls leading very ordinary lives. Probably that’s why I carry so much respect for them. It is highly pleasing to realise closely in this trip that this world, especially India, possesses noble hearts even during these periods of selfishness, manipulative intelligence and cunningness.

Well, the effervescence of memories should dance in sequence in my brain in the next couple of days so that I can record them all for my future reference and inspiration. This travelogue (through my eyes) shall be shared through personal mails with co-campers, close friends and relatives.

I understood once again that it’s not easy to be selfless. However, there are many in the world who live a life of selflessness effortlessly. Yes, this journey was worth trodden.

And I know it’s only the beginning for me.

3 comments:

Latha said...

A good write-up Padmaja! Undoubtedly, it is more easier said that done - it is definitely not easy to be selfless.

Elanchezhiyan said...

Welcome back to bahrain.......and back to normal life. My best wishes to start your normal life again.

"Your altitude determined by your attitude".

with regards,
Elanchezhiyan

Prakashika said...

Dear Padmaja,
It is very true that it's not easy to be selfless!!!!
I feel whenever we come across such people we are inspired to be selfless!is it not?

Let's also try to be selfless!