Thursday, June 02, 2011

Celebration

After more than a decade, I witnessed a marriage function celebrated in our tradition, but in a glittering fashion.

It’s ironic that most of the world’s population have no idea about the significance of marriage and the rituals chalked out by Elders long back. It’s my personal idea that all these rituals must be just symbolic representations of one basic truth.

Our nature is Love. But we’ve spiralled down too far to remember or realise our true nature. In this difficult uphill journey towards our freedom from attachments and to experience Love, the concept of marriage helps two souls to support and complement each other at the soul level; to be a good companion at the mental and intellectual levels; to walk the glorious path towards Godhood together; to expand the Light gained; and to become eligible Universal dreamers.

When this understanding dawns on the coming generations, I’m sure they’ll discard these over-glamourised rituals which have become unwanted reasons for familial discord before / during and sometimes even after years of marriage.

I am most positively sure that the future clan would take up their commitment of marriage with Love in all sincerity, simplicity and understanding. Here too there’ll be a crowd to celebrate the union of two souls with pure joy and silence, out of reverence for the divine nature of each one of us i.e. Love.

* * * * * * *

As a normal human being, I feel lonely at times. At those times, the sky, the moon, the plants and the stars seem to agree with my core. But during my visit to the abode of Tapas, I feel at home and very happy.

Every auspicious day and moment is celebrated only in silence here. Yes, by silencing the body, mind & intellect.

The Master’s one benevolent glance at us would suffice to send chilled shivers inside, over our present acquired nature. We become aware of the fact that our negativities are exposed so nakedly.... so silently in the presence of such Purity & Light yet we feel immense peace as we know that no judgment is passed on to us. We come back richer with energies. His unconditional love will make us realise that we are never alone.

Every time I return from this place, I have no urge to speak with anyone for at least two days.

It’s here that I’ve learnt that

• I must celebrate life.
• Celebration in silence would help me celebrate Silence.

* * * * * * *

At one single moment long back, I decided to drop the practice of saving my blog writings. So, if this blog is deleted by the server at any time, all my writings are gone in a swish. And this feeling gives me total freedom...... strangely. :)

To every reader of this blog, I dedicate this Number 250 for your patient reading.

1 comment:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja


Congratulations on your 250th blog. Enjoyed reading your views on celebration. You are right in what you said. Marriage is a celebration where the meaning though understood sometimes cannot be upheld unfortunately. But I feel that the coming generations can definitely understand the meaning better.