Sunday, June 12, 2011

Present

The calls of birds are so enchanting to listen to at any time and in any mood. The sounds of their chatter are sure to drive us (human beings) to quieten our egos. But then why are our talks not as sweet and inspiring as their chatter most of the times?

Because most of our everyday talks revolve around glorifying our past, our pains, lineage or our achievements wasting so much of energies and also testing the hearers’ limits of tolerance & patience. If we stand aside and rewind our talks, it would appear as sheer nonsense. Ironically, our egos would neither allow us to do this exercise nor realise that there’s so much to unlearn than to learn.

There’s a surreal beauty and joy when I listen to the birds. I could feel the upsurge of Love in my heart. I could brush aside the jarring noises of mockers, analysts, rationalists, opportunists and the like and drown them in the symphonies of these beautiful bird jabbers... I could dream with my eyes open.....

What a beautiful display of Present to experience!

I wonder.... Will my Presence too become so powerful one day?

1 comment:

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja


This is a simple and wonderful post with profound thoughts. There are many in this world who are very busy to sit and listen to the sounds of the birds. Only if we silence ourselves will we be able to hear the world outside. As you rightly said, if we constantly keep bragging about ourselves, then when can we sit and enjoy the music of the world outside :-)