Sunday, August 12, 2007

My letter to God - 1

Dear God,

How are you?

My mother says that you can see me and I cannot see you. Now do you see me writing this letter? Good!

I wanted to share so many things with somebody. You know I don’t have friends. Because they say that I am ugly, dark, poor, snob and fat.

So, please read my letter carefully. You don’t have to come in front of me. But just write your reply and keep it under my pillow. I shall take it tomorrow morning. Is it ok, God?

OK. I am a good girl in studies. But I don’t have any inclination to play sports. Just because I am fat, my friends make fun of me. Why do they do this, God? Will you not teach them a lesson on my behalf?

My mother, she cleans vessels and washes clothes in the aunties’ houses. They keep ridiculing her. She keeps smiling in front of them but cries a lot in our house. I love my mother very much. Why do you make her cry so much? When will she stop crying? I don’t want her to work only but she is going because I have to study. I am helpless.

Will you answer my questions, God? You will and you must. Who else do I have to talk to otherwise?

I won’t tell about our sharing of letters to anybody. It’s a secret between you and me. So, you must definitely write to me. Then only I shall share more things with you tomorrow.

Be a good friend. Will you?

Love you,

Ramya (7 years old)
Your loving friend


P.S. I wrote a few two-line letters to God during my childhood waiting for an answer for many months and years. Nobody knows about it, of course. That’s the inspiration behind this series of letters titled ‘My letter to God’ which you would be reading…...

No comments: