Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What do I do in Mumbai

The usual hiatus that I get in Mumbai after hectic travelling in Chennai and the routine that I catch up in Bahrain, is what I enjoy of late. Lazing around with books, TV and my writing of course, life in Mumbai with its monsoon showers appears to be at standstill for me. It is a luxury to browse the bunch of papers, ‘The Times of India’ along with Mumbai Mirror’s local masala news leisurely. Some thoughts that I wish to share….

1) Judge Kode’s proven track record has elevated him to the status of hero after his verdict in the Dutt case. The dust has finally settled and he has been reaping for what he did long time. Though he claims that his possession of weapons was not to harm others, Judge Kode slashed such an act as dangerous. Well, one thing that needs to be appreciated is, Sanjay Dutt, who has seen many downs and let-downs, is still optimistic about life. What is awaited is, would he get redemption in the higher court or would he serve the complete six years of rigorous imprisonment. One more thing that is fascinating me to follow up with his case is, would he be rejected by Bollywood after his release or given a hero’s welcome as was before. Only time will tell…..

2) Absolutely dazed by the success story of Sergey Brin and Larry Page after reading ‘The Google Story’. Oh, Man! These humble but giant personalities amazed me by their insights, sharp acumen, intellectual brilliance, artistic indulgence, and what not… Their 20 percent free time to employees during work hours was what caught my eyes instantly. Life cannot be imagined without internet nowadays, and that too, Google. Hats off to you guys! Keep growing.....

3) Fermat’s Last Theorem – thanks to my brother who has amassed the books that I would love to read, this book is dizzying me with the mathematicians’ sharp brains, eccentric characteristics and the dying aspirations. ‘Perfect’ numbers, ‘friendly’ numbers, difference between scientific inventions and mathematical theorems,………… a lot to learn. I feel I am a total waste in this world.

4) Watched a Madhur Bhandarkar movie (2005 release) ‘Page 3’ on TV. It is all about a journalist’s encounters with the elite glam world and their night lives. Konkona Sen and Atul Kulkarni have proven what kind of actors they are.

5) Watched the DVD of the old classic ‘The Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’. Robert Redford is irresistibly handsome and Paul Newman is no loser of course. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Thoughts are endless …….. Let me stop here now. More later.

No comments: