Friday, December 07, 2007

Mind & Body, Heart & Soul

Yesterday I came face to face with the fact that ‘Music is divine’. Even now when I think of it, my eyes dispose tears of joy.

Atul & I (courtesy of the generous husband) attended the live concert of the performance of maestros held in the Bahrain Exhibition Centre between 8:30 & 10:30 p.m. yesterday.

The maestros were :

Tabla – Zakir Hussain
Mandolin – U. Srinivas
Vocals – Shankar Mahadevan
Drums & Percussion – Sivamani

These artists are really gifted for they took us with ease to a different world of magic and divinity of music. I was in total awe looking at the mind boggling gimmicks of the dynamic Sivamani, fantastic beats of Zakir Hussain, breathtaking swaras of Shankar Mahadevan and impeccable play of Srinivas. No more words do I find to say more.

Spending BD 40/- for two tickets is expensive for us. But it is really worth paying, for the proceeds are likely to go to charity for lighting up the eyes of the blind and also for providing the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear those great masters of their fields.

I came home with a headache (migraine) as usual for I am noise allergic but then I can afford to experience pain along with pleasure sometimes. For it was a rare occasion to feed my body, mind, heart & soul with high-class music.

9 comments:

Latha said...

Music can cause pain, can relieve stress, can induce sleep, can bring us joy and much much more. It certainly acts with your mood. Indeed a golden opportunity for you to have met the pioneers of music field in a stage together!

Anonymous said...

Spending BD 40/- for two tickets is expensive for us. But it is really worth paying, for the proceeds are likely to go to charity for lighting up the eyes of the blind and also for providing the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear those great masters of their fields.

- Nice observation.

Padmaja said...

Latha - Agreed. I wish you had joined me on this occasion.

Manohar - You have surprised me. Thanks for dropping by. Any new article forthcoming from your side?

Anonymous said...

Want to work out an article. Padmaja, you have excellent flow of language.

I just finished a story in Tamil.I am going thru it. Final touches.

Radhakrishnan said...

Music is everywhere! Few knows how to tune them for other's mind, soul and heart. Thank you Padmaja.

Padmaja said...

Very true, Radha. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Elanchezhiyan said...

Hai Padmaja.

Please note "Favourite music" in your Blog.
"Crackle of a baby, rattle of toys, battle of instruments, throttle of vocals - all I can hear. But I love music of silence more."

A silent lover enjoyed the Music concert. Really it is a Big Success for the Program.

I missed the chance.

Soon I will get the CD of the program. Then I will share my thoughts about this program.

With warm regards,
Elanchezhiyan

Padmaja said...

A silent lover is different from lover of silence.

Thanks for your observation. Please do hear. It is worth buying the CD.

Elanchezhiyan said...

Hai. Actually I meant "Silence Lover" only. Wrongly I used the word "Silent Lover". Thanks for your timely info.

Expecting your new articles..

With regards,
Elanchezhiyan