Thursday, May 21, 2009

To write or not to write - that's never a question

This is my space given freely by the provider host. I have freedom to exhibit my emotions openly. I know well that I have no interest in becoming rich and famous; neither have any inclination to promote my ideas to anyone. I have no die-hard followers or fans of my writing.

My writing reflects only truth and hence it might appear repetitive sometimes. I write because I like to write. Of course, I am sensitive and sensible enough not to hurt anyone with my words, whether verbal or written.

I am not ashamed to accept that I’m an imperfect being; yet I struggle my best to keep up my commitments of actions, words and thoughts. At least I am aware that I have the 'right' only to change myself and not others. No wonder, I get agitated by the global and personal display of mean mindedness, cheap attitude, stinginess, wickedness, manipulation, backbiting, dark humour, selfishness, superiority complex, arrogance and violence. It is really, really difficult to tolerate such people. Sometimes, I think it is wise to live in the world of dreams than to see these sadists prowling around.

Ironically, these idiots don’t understand ‘freedom’ doesn’t mean that they have all the freedom to rebuke, hurt, humiliate or torture others physically or psychologically. They never realise that they are slaves to their crooked thinking and that there can be no greater challenge than silencing the inner noise.

Even with the freedom of space and thoughts, it would be of bad taste to yield to the temptations of scalding such opportunists with my write-ups. Because the inner voice asks me only one question – Do they deserve your time and efforts?

Hence, I wish to consciously document only sublime emotions and thoughts. There is grace and beauty in choosing positive words and thoughts, which illumines the physical personality as well. I am of the belief that the aura of such a person exudes peace & love and attracts even the passersby. So, I reaffirm myself not to sway from this standard. However, I would also like to share even simple & great things that I come across everyday such as….

• I listened to Susan Boyle upon my brother’s mention. I was taken aback by her soulful rendition of ‘I dreamed a dream’. I became emotional and the last line 'I dreamed a dream' brought tears into my eyes.

• I am awed at Andrea’s (Leonardo Da Vinci’s mentor) fearless words to the Signory some 600 years ago after cutting off the head and legs of the bronze horse created by him.

• Leonardo’s undisputed master brain in various fields which includes painting - how would it have appeared under PET scanner?

• Astonishing revelations of 2012.

• My interest in watching only those parts related to Camerlengo in the film ‘Angels & Demons’ though I do not wish to go through the pain again, which I experienced after reading the book.

• And many more….

So, keep a tab here. I may not entertain or enlighten you but will surely try to motivate you with my little experiential knowledge. :)

6 comments:

The Dingbat said...

'I have no die-hard followers or fans of my writing.'

You forgot me!!!!!

:)

Love,
Anitha

Solai Kannan said...

Do they deserve your time and efforts?

I feel they deserve your time and efforts more than anyone else. You are gifted with special talents and virtues. Those gifts are not by accident, but by a purpose of uplifting the needy ones. As Jesus told, his presence was for the lost sheeps, your writings can only help all those have the cunning of attacking others. For all those who are good, your writings might not be of any great help as they might come up on their own. Everytime when you see an attack those attacks leave a clue for your future writing and at the same time all those attackers carry an impression from your writings. They might not accept in front of everyone, but I am sure and confident that all those attackers carry some of your writings within them.

You have began your journey and you have long way to go. But, I am sure that you might be influencing millions on the way of your journey.

Padmaja said...

@Anitha : Thanks dear. :)))

@Solai : 'Influencing' is a great word. I leave it to the Providence. But I am honestly striving to lead a life of a human more humanely.

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

A good one!

As Solaikannan says, your writings might influence others though you may not have that intention in your mind. So keep writing. Knowingly or unknowingly it might affect somebody at sometime in their life.

When you spoke about freedom, I remembered the words of Paulo Coelho who defined freedom in his book "The Zahir" as "Freedom means freedom to choose anything we want and them commit ourselves to it." Though freedom means many things to many people, I found this definition as the most satisfying one. But people, as you say, think that they can hurt others quoting 'fredom' as an acceptable tool. An inspiring write Padmaja!

Prakashika said...

Dear Padmaja,
Beautiful article!
We have to assume that these people are here to test our patience and tolerence.
They mould ud in so many ways!
(Trying to be positive)
Evne i listened to suasanboyle!
AMAZING LADY!
Thank you you for informing me about her!
I do want you to share your experiences in your style which would surely help me!

Padmaja said...

@Latha - As you said, it is not my intention to influence anyone. The secret is, even if I try, I can't. :D Glad to see you after a long time.

@Prakashika - Yes, we have to thank such people for educating us 'how not to live'. I shall surely continue to write. Please continue to share your thoughts.