Saturday, January 22, 2011

An end is a beginning

My heart leapt in joy. Oh yes, tears too came out.

What could be the reason for my joy one may wonder? Don’t laugh because what is unimportant for others is invariably very important for me. And during moments which demand exhibition of intense emotions by ordinary standards, I just stay still............ no words, no emotions, nothing....... just empty..... totally detached.

Well, two beautiful pigeons with captivating patterns of colours have inspected the same place where the drama of creation and destruction happened in front of my eyes. This I saw accidentally when I entered into the kitchen to prepare lunch. After spending nearly 3 hours of discussion and clean-up, they both flew away, oblivious of what had transpired in that space a month ago.

Those two chubby pigeons appeared divine to my eyes, as if to teach me the lesson of the temporariness of the world one more time - an end is a beginning.

Not only that, all these days my heart secretly yearned for at least a visit of pigeons to that empty place. My wish was fulfilled so soon, which I didn’t expect, which was the reason for my emotional outburst. :)

Now that the winter harshness is slowing down here, I am just waiting if God would give me one more opportunity to celebrate life with those pigeons as a witness. If it happens, it is fine. If not, that is also fine.

Lord Krishna, you cannot laugh alone all the time. I am here to give you company......

2 comments:

Latha said...

Padmaja, I fully understand the emotional exercise that you are going through now. Every incident that we witness is a package of valuable contents exclusively meant for us. I sure believe in this.

Padmaja said...

Latha, I am so delighted to see those extremely beautiful and delicate creatures in the morning again. My intuition says that they are setting up a family there. :)

People in general write volumes on family feuds, politics, cinema etc but I am happy to write on those things that normally elude our attention.