Saturday, March 19, 2011

From There to Here...

As the flight soared above the land where many memories are intertwined, my eyes saw the quick distancing of flickering lights and the blackness of backwaters & nothingness of space becoming more and more prominent. I remembered a question asked to me just the previous night, “Do you feel bad leaving this island for you’ve spent many years here?”

Do I? I answered, “I don’t know.”

The land appeared no different from any other and the differences meaningless - from above.

After a few days of reaching my homeland, I was again asked, “Could you adjust to the new life now?”

My reply again, “I don’t know as such because my new life here is yet to begin.”

Yes, there.... I had learnt a hard way to dust off all learnings and curl my being in the inner citadel to lead a life of unassuming nature. It is there that I had begun the different phases of inner flights, pathetic bad landings and peaceful understandings.

Here... people will be shocked if I say that I don’t need to sit in front of an altar or visit a temple or chant mantras or a ritual or display of religious symbols outwardly because my affair with God is very private/personal. I find there is more room for implementation of my realisations 'here' than 'there'.

For me, whether it is here or there, it is extremely difficult to find an open mind who could sit with me in silence or who could read/discuss those books along with me and feel the same emotions that emanate from my core.

Even otherwise, for a person with a modest middle class background, upbringing and lifestyle, adapting to the moods of life should be no big deal. And I belong to this middleclass clan.

So, it matters not whether I am here or there.

No comments: