Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Levels of relationships

During the second week of February (before the breakdown of events), we received a call from one of our friends that his baby was hospitalised with jaundice. We rushed to the hospital during the visitors' hours on the same evening. She is a chubby 5-month old baby making lilting tunes to herself happily. The only indication of her illness was the drips and wires connected to her left leg. After spending a considerable time in the ward that included my silent prayers, I came out and joined my husband and the baby's father, who were discussing something seriously. Upon my consolation of a few words that she'd be alright soon, the father broke down and started crying because he could not bear to see his angelic daughter suffer. I was touched upon seeing this unconditional love. Indeed the girl became alright in a couple of days.

Personally I've decades of experience with hospitals and seen many types of patients, their caretakers and situations too. I still remember the lady whom I met in one of the mornings of January 2007. It was one of those tough days when my late Mother was fighting with her breath with all her might in ICU for 21 days. And I was sitting alone outside the ICU. This lady (whose husband was hospitalised due to heart attack) walked towards me and gave me an inner jerk that she knew face reading and that she was stunned to see a calm 'me' amidst the chaotic surroundings. She was observing me for two days and was so intrigued by my calmness that she could not stop talking with me it seemed. She also revealed a few interesting facts about my life which she possibly could not know. We became good friends in the next two days, took me to her posh house, pampered me and also poured out her sad life story. She could not speak or write in English and hence she wanted me to write her story to the world so that people will learn lessons from that. I was very much touched by her spontaneous friendliness, openness and love. Of course, I didn't write her story yet; nor do I intend to share it with anyone.

It is strange that we get connected with some in a matter of moments and never with some even after years of liaising. There are different invisible laws that govern these strings. It was not too late when I realised that any relationship that connects the bodies or minds or intellects or their combinations has its toll of emotional ups and downs. It's because the barriers are constructed at the levels of BMI.

At the level of the Soul, we are always connected by divine love. There's beauty and peace at this level. Let us embrace each other with this love and allow it to flow through you and me in abundance towards the world.

No comments: