Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oh! Flower


You looked fresh and stunning
Bright and beautifully radiating
As my eyes admired you
And my heart longed to touch you
I heard a feeble cry
Interspersed with laughs of shy
Disturbed I asked you lovingly
But you remained silent astonishingly
I observed the strangers passing-by
With the only wish to bring in more joy

Breeze touched you gently and went away
You liberally thanked him with your sway
From bud you blossomed into a flower
You thanked Sun with your upheld stature
Your mother tree possessed you caringly
With your beauty you thanked her finely
A few came near to pluck away from your mother
I drove them all to leave where you were
Then came a bee from nowhere
I watched you silently from near

The bee took the nectar from you and flew away
Was it a painful process I didn’t know till that day
Or was it a joyful communion, you please say
Nevertheless I saw you accepting all till you lay
I learnt mutely how patient you were
A loner’s life it was without a pair
With the sunset, your glorious presence ended
Your sobs and laughs had finally ended
What a life you had led I wonder
I wish to lead a life like you, My Flower

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Padmaja! The flower has added more colour to your poem!

Raj Arumugam said...

Padmaja - imagine silence.
That silence says many words more than I can about how beautifully you write.