Monday, June 19, 2006

Prayer

Beauty invites special compliments
I crave not to have one

Wealth cheers cruel attitudes
I need not retain one

Power rules ravening fowls
I grab not to enjoy one

Education shelters intellectual pleasures
I dream not to master one

Hatred guarantees feudal enemities
I desire not to possess one

Anger ignites mental imbalances
I like not to identify one

Jealousy cooks ugly delicacies
I yearn not to taste one

Selfishness adorns human minds
I strive not to buy one

Patience befriends many virtues
I dare not to lose one

Giving destroys grumbling greediness
I long to be blessed with one

Love transcends all boundaries
I pray only for such a one

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good prayer.May all have this in mind before praying!

Anonymous said...

Lovely words Lovely thoughts
I dare not to comment on..
That was indeed a nice one.
G

Raj Arumugam said...

Padmaja-
what a sage you are!