Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wherever you are

Bright candle
Asked me for the light
I stuttered …
But it cried …
‘I am not as bright as that one’
I gave a whack on its head
‘What a fool you are!
It’s only your light that is’

As I moved on
Somebody screamed
‘Why am I not a rock?’
Oh! That was the squeaky voice of sand
I pacified them tenderly
‘Remember, it is only you’
They tickled my feet
Out of excitement and let me go

I met the dreamy white flower
Fresh among her green friends
She whispered anxiously
‘Why is my life so short?’
I reminded that spotless angel
‘Yes, you die but your honey lives’
She bid bye with her soft touch
And I moved towards my home

Memories rocked me sternly
Only for the emotions to run rampant
I saw faces in that smoke
That paraded one by one
I realized at last……
Life has many surprise packages
Justifying my mood swings
This I say as I breathe my last…….

Wherever you are……..
I thank you for all you have given

Wherever you are……..
I treasure you in my heart

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Padmaja. I liked the verses
Life has many surprise packages
Good one!

Padmaja said...

Thanks a lot for your continuous encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Padmaja, a brilliant work. It conveys the mission and purpose of life.