Saturday, January 12, 2008

Crossing the seas




Sea of memories danced in a flamenco beat
Wish I had skills to façade them as a feast

Sea of desires fancied my world of illusions
Wish I had a wand to fulfill their actions

Sea of things engulfed the senses to boast
Wish I had the power unlimited to hoard

Sea of worries drowned me in a quicksand
Wish I had a band to pull my dragging errand

Sea of people bordered me with bonds
Wish I had cornered them all with acts

Sea of time thus pushed me to the end
Wish I could unwind my deeds in a bend

Ah! Seeing now the image of these seas
Wish I had the wisdom to live in peace

Forget and forgive I understood at once
Wish I had wings to cross these seas once

Came out of my den in a fit of tremor
Galloped quickly on my white horse of power

Shirking off the myths that made me blind
I laughed at the illusion of sun and sea that bind

Shimmering red waters washed my eyes in red
My self was burnt awaiting a fresh life to tread

Standing at the cliff of death with a gentle smile
Dived into oblivion in a fearless style

Leaving my remnants of nothingness behind
In air I swim lovingly towards my destination



P.S. Poetry Contest 10; Picture courtesy - Elegance 20

4 comments:

Radhakrishnan said...

Nice poem. Good wishes and great comparisons. Thank you Padmaja.

Anonymous said...

Olá dear Padmaja,

Great style and elegance of the author!.......but,
In my poor opinion I do not think that the nightmares are eternal.
The personage in search of freedom and to free himself or herself of the tragedy that was living commits suicide.
"Standing at the cliff of death with a gentle smile
Dived into oblivion in a fearless style"
The indian great writer Tagore in "Lost Birds" says: "Night's darkness is a bag that bursts with the gold of dawn"
Let us wait for the golden sun and the hopes that the new day brings.
I, myself would like to cross the sea too to meet a noble objective -Love!
A very nice sunday to you and the author.
Geraldo

Padmaja said...

Thank you very much, Radha.

Padmaja said...

Dear Geraldo,

You are right when you say that nightmares are not eternal.

The lines you quoted are meant for a man who has lived his life fully and are at the brink of death. Such a man rewinds his past, realises his acts, sheds his ego and happily awaits the communion of death.

You humbled me by quoting Rabindranath Tagore. Where is he and where are my simple words?

I am in awe that a man from Brazil has read Tagore so intensely. Three cheers to you. I am really glad to have found a good critique.

//
I, myself would like to cross the sea too to meet a noble objective -Love!
//

Elated!!! God bless you! Nice Sunday to you as well.

With regards,

Padmaja