Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monumental moments




Silken hair playing in breeze
Soft blemish less glowing skin
Lovely expressive black eyes
Innocent smile on the lips
Cherubic face of angelic beauty
Words of grace resonating in air
In a moment of idyllic freeze, I saw her

Soaking drops of honey into my heart
She whispered her thin voice into my ears
Flapping her innocence all along
She laughed at my meaningless chatter
Widening my experience of undying love
She dismissed my egotistic caricatures
In a moment of moments, I was all hers

Wrote sonnets and songs on our love
As she was my object of admiration
Ate her half baked bread & porridge
As she became my soul of life and death
Enjoyed her care that made me feel special
As she giggled ‘we are made for each other’
In a moment unexpected, I lost her permanently

Wished she could come alive for my sake
For my life trembled without her concern
Soft breeze sounded like a typhoon
And clock ticking banged my heads
Without her warmth and loving chides
My beard became my identity soon
In a moment of sadness, I chiseled my pain as a book

Left aside my fortune to a charity
And settled in a hut with memories
Simplified my life with a loaf of bread
And little porridge in her remembrance
Keeping the knife of dispassion in front
I prayed in earnest for my last breath
In a moment of peace, I experienced her in my heart

Walked through those monumental moments…
Her virgin beauty radiating freshness
Her charming, shy walk in the bridal outfit
Her affectionate motherly taunts echoing love
Her playful pranks heralding childlike demeanor
Her soft heart that prayed for the welfare of all.…
In a moment of Graceful realisation, I held her again


This poem is my contribution for Poetry Contest - Week 11.

Picture courtesy - Raja Ramachandra
Concept courtesy - Latha

5 comments:

Latha said...

You have beautifully developed a simple concept.
"In a moment of moments, I was all hers" is indeed very touching.
Good job! Great going!

Radhakrishnan said...

Wonderful Padmaja. What a moment of moments to be remembered! Well done.

Padmaja said...

Latha - I borrowed your idea (of course with your permission hehe...) and you are so generous. Thanks. In fact, I thought of trying another interpretation of the man being the pastor and praying for his own salvation. Well, as you know, I take time to write and moreover other commitments knocking on me, I may try sometime later.

Radha - Some moments are unforgettable in our lives howmuchever we try not to remember. Thanks a lot.

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hey Padmaja,

Lovely to see you here !!!! Thank you so much for your patient reading of all my posts !!! I have bookmarked your link as well, so will be sure to check it everyday... And I have also put up a link to your blogspot on my site .. Sending across more visitors to the lovely site of a lovely person :)

Love,
Impulsively Me :D

Padmaja said...

Impulsive Me,

Thanks for your lovely comments and the link. Your blog are interesting to read and no wonder I was driven to go through in one go. :)

Love,

Padmaja